Use of flexable hoses on new bath taps.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All.
I am in the process of replacing 2 x 3/4" bath taps and want to know if i can use 3/4"X 300 X 22mm Push fit onto existing copper pipes?.
Or do i need to replace the copper with plastic substitute?. Its a tight squeeze under the bath as we all know. But fitting of push fits will allow me to achieve this. Or will i have to use the compression fitting alternative?.
Advice most welcome.

Sponsored Links
yes you can, but you should use pipe inserts in the copper end. My preference would be to use compression end off the flexi onto copper.

Cheers Mickyg,
I thought as much.
Compression fittings are always better in the long run.
Time to get those stillsons out.
Also some plasters for my knuckles i think?
Many thanks.

yes you can, but you should use pipe inserts in the copper end. My preference would be to use compression end off the flexi onto copper.

you don't need inserts for the copper ends. Copper pipe has ample wall thickness to stay in shape when the grab ring digs into it, once fiitting is mounted. unlike plastic pipe which do need inserts.

hope that helps.

Sponsored Links
I've used plastic push fit on copper pipes - been in place for 4 or 5 years with no problems. No inserts needed (need them for plastic pipes though)

Used a proper pipe cutter so the ends were smooth (or I guess you could smooth them off afterwards...)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back