ideal icos m3080 not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i need help pronto pls! i have an ideal icos m3080 boiler and recently the heating has stopped.
now i get the number 3 on the led status then it changes to a c ...can anyone tell me wot this means pls as a boiler engineer has been to look at
it but does not know and ive been waiting a week for him to get back to me.

Sponsored Links
Get a proper boiler engineer ( who is CORGI registered! )!

That fellow does not have a clue.

Did you meet him in the pub?

Tony

no hes been employed by our letting landlord, think hes just a plumber to be honest. Ive downloaded a pdf manual and the display "C" = hating active, but the boiler is not firing up no fan noise nothing. any ideas?

Tony reckons he's a proper boiler engineer. See how useful HE was!

The Fault Finding's not much help in your case, so I'd check all the basics, then call Ideal and wish I hadn't bothered. Then probably try a pcb - wouldn't go to one of these without a spare :rolleyes: .

Sponsored Links
3 is telling you it is an Icos 3080. 'C' is saying it has received the signal from the external controls that heat is required. If you are getting HW and not CH then it will be a zone valve or control problem.

Thanks Dave for you info that has helped a bit, still waiting for this so called boiler engineer to turn up been 2 weeks now. We have hot water from the cylinder and the zone valve has tension when bioler is off then when switched on it is loose and no tension whatsoever and boiler does not fire up....Any more ideas? sorry to be a pain with the q's but too many cowboys out there and im tied to this fella via the letting agent.

thanks dal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back