The 5 minute job - How to undo a monoblock kitchen mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can I undo my monoblock kitchen mixer tap, please ? I can see no nut to undo and I cannot work out what the horseshoe shaped thingy (that moves) does. Here is a picture:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26189143@N02/2508488112/

An earlier post here, kind of suggests that mixer taps may be screwed into a sink, when installed, and only after that is tight are the hot and cold pipes connected.

If so I guess I would need to cut the feeder pipes, undo the mixer tap from a thread built into the stainless steel sink (??) then connect the pipes again to (probably) a new mixer tap afterwards. Er does this make sense please ?

[/img]

Sponsored Links
You use a box spanner on the hex nut that can be seen towards the left in your picture!

Tony

We've just put in a new kitchen tap and sticking down parallel to the copper pipes was a long brass nut on a threaded bolt that you basically screwed up to tighten everything against that horseshoe shaped thing. Looking at your photo is there a brass nut thing just showing at 6 o'clock? Maybe you could go to a diy shop and have a quick look at a similar tap to your exisitng one for clues? Otherwise no idea - I'm no expert.

Sponsored Links
As above, they fit into each other to extend for awkward taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back