Garage Side Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The side door of my garage needs replacing. Where do I start to look for a new one?
I have been to B&Q and garden centres with no luck. Anyone any wiser??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It is just for the side door of my garage.Timber door 2m x 75cm.

Do you think is would be ok for glass bits in the door?
The door I have at the moment just has wood panels? I thought the door might be a bit different to a normal external door. Sorry about the silly questions but as you can tell I am very new to this.

glass panels in the door make it extra-easy to break in

the big advantage of a personal door on a garage is that you can then fit a strong "front door" with a proper strong lock, and use it to go in and out of the garage, and you can fit the big car door with extra bolts that you operate from inside (big garage car doors are very easy to force and manufacturers' locks are not much good)

edited: the little fanlight glass at the top is a good idea, as not easy to climb through or get at the lock, or even peep through to see what you've got that's worth having.

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping to find somewhere that sells cheap doors. The garage is an external garage next to my house. I am not really that worried how secure it is as all that is in there is what would be in a shed plus a few kids bikes.
Thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back