velux window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a freeview box in the attic room, ive hooked up to the arial on the roof, problem now is getting the cable into the attic room, easiest way i could see was to drill an hole through the window, the wood part at the bottom and thread through there.
do you think it would be ok to do so?

Sponsored Links
Ariel installers just tuck the cable up under the tiles & punch it through the felt but I appreciate that if you have loft conversion there will be insulation & plasterboard in between. I would try & come through immediately adjacent to the frame at the lowest point but if you have no option but to come in through the window frame, drill as small a hole possible thought the fixed frame (again at the lowest point) & seal it well. Always ensure the cable has a minimum 150mm downward loop (to encourage water to drain away down the cable) before it enters the roof space.

drill your hole through the window frame at such an angle so water wont run down the window and through the hole,basically if you can, angle the hole upwards,not easy on a velux as there not fitted at 90 degrees and as said in other reply,loop the cable at the bottom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back