Potterton 28i Power Flush, help needed please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After having seen how much information exchanges hands on this site I am really hoping for some ideas on what to do here.

I have the above Combi boiler which died a week or so ago.
It has now been resurrected by removing sludge that was blocking the water flow.
The boiler now makes kettling noises so I am thinking its sludge in the HE which i think calls for a Power flush.

I am thinking of hiring the Kamco CF30 to do this as the regular cost for a plumber to do this seems phenominal but I am not sure of a couple of points ie:

Its mentioned elswhere on this site that a Mains Water Flush can be pretty good
Any ideas on this?

Also its mentioned that the Expansion Vessel should be separated from the system when power flushing. Is this correct?

Is it recommended to use a CP2 pump head adaptor?

Alternatively there seems to be an option where you can plug the power flusher into where a radiator would normally go.
Is this just as effective as using the CP2 pump head adaptor and will this method flush the HE?

Sorry about so many questions but this flushing business does seem a little complicated so if Im gonna do it Id better try to do it right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

David

Sponsored Links
If its the primary heat exchanger thats causing the problem then I dont think that you will be able to achieve the necessary skill level to do it yourself.

Only a very small number of boiler engineers are prepared to do this work and I can only assume that this is because of the skill level involved or just because its a very messy task. Most would just replace the component.

I will do it but I am aware that few others do and some of them are people I trained.

Tony

Don't do it. It's expensive to get power flushes because ;a: the machines are expensive to buy and b: its a skilled job which you ideally need training for. To do it effectively you need a good machine, cleaning agents, water testing kit and a knowledge of the systems you're working on an how to make it all work. Get someone in and you'll notice the benefits, good luck :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back