Breathable Membrane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Am building an extension with a leanto roof with a pitch of 16 degrees. Can anyone advise if there is any specific type of breathable membrane I should use for a roof of this pitch or are they all the same. Thanks for any advice offered.

Sponsored Links
membranes or roofing felts do not recognise pitch. just make sure you fix the membrane with adequate joint lap.

Thanks Noseall just wanted to check that there was no different specs for different roof pitches. Appreciate your help.

i have breathable membrane but not sure how to fix it onto my roof from the inside (see pic below)

Also, Whats a joint lap?

Sponsored Links
:eek: tony this is an old post you are resurrecting.

put your insulation in, fix the vapour barrier inplace with staples or nails, then gyproc.

oh, didnt know it was old, i just did a search. sos.

By the way, what is a gyproc?

Tony,
I think you are confusing a breather membrane with a vapour check. A breather allows vapour to pass through it whereas a vapour check goes on the warm side of the insulation and stops vapour passing through it.

Tony,
I think you are confusing a breather membrane with a vapour check. A breather allows vapour to pass through it whereas a vapour check goes on the warm side of the insulation and stops vapour passing through it.

? im confused, which one stops fungus/mould growth? this is the one i bought below...

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Slaters-Roofing-Felt/Breathable-Membrane/invt/164068

It says... Allows water vapour to escape from roof structure

Should i have bought a vapour check instead? as i want to stop any vapour from going onto the timber and shuttering ply?

but if i staple it to the joists (im assuming the bottom side is the warm side of the roof) how do i seal the holes the staples create?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back