Heatline vizo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had a quote on this boiler from a corgi reg fitter for £1150. Is this boiler ok and does it sound like a good quote? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ive had a quote on this boiler from a corgi reg fitter for £1150. Is this boiler ok and does it sound like a good quote? Thanks.

No you're being totally mugged, he should do it for less than half of that.

The boiler is approximately £450/£500 including standard flue. Which Corgi registerd installer would supply and fit for £575or even £600? The quote you got for £1150 depends on what work is involved, and what he is supplying.

The quote is for replacement of conventional boiler for the heatwave combi vizo which includes removal of the old cylinder and new thermostats on 4 rads.

Sponsored Links
[/quote]No you're being totally mugged, he should do it for less than half of that.[/quote]

Why am I getting totally mugged with this? I was led to believe that a corgi reg fitter would charge about £700-£800 to fit a boiler? Is this not the case?

Have you seen his CORGI photocard?

Or have you checked his name address and phone number on the CORGI web site?

Tony

Have you seen his CORGI photocard?

Or have you checked his name address and phone number on the CORGI web site?

Tony

Yes mate I looked at his photocard and I have checked out his corgi ref number on the trust corgi website and it comes up with them.

In that case PROVIDING it included any water treatment necessary AND he accepts responsibility for any water related problems which may arise then it seems a very good value quotation.

However, make sure he does notify CORGI and that they post you a blue Certificate. Hold back say £60 until you receive that. Anything he writes out himself is NOT the same thing!

Good luck!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back