Floor screed laitance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the so-called laitance in a new floor screed. I need to remove the loose stuff on the surface and repair it. There is underfloor heating in the screed (not operational yet). I will install tiles in some places and carpet or wood floor in others.

Can someone tell me what is the self-levelling stuff to use? and will it hold together parts of the screed that are not noticeable loose after removing the visible loose material, so that the tiles will not come off?

Ta

Sponsored Links
not come across "laitance" but guess the screed is crumbly.

self leveller relies on the sub floor being relatively stable. i use the leveller containing latex as i feel it minimise hair line cracking.

given the sub floor is "probably" not good enough i would be tempted to put something like an epoxy resin down first to fix any loose material.

Sponsored Links
matt has advised on the existence of acrylic leveller which i've not tried to date. it does sound the business as it dries rock hard which the latex doesn’t. i'm sold and will give it a go on next job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back