Bath/shower mixer tap problem..HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Swan mixer on my bath, the kind that has the little barrell type thing you push down for shower, and pull up for bath.
Its started running through both shower and taps and i cant get it to work properly.
Wouldve had a look inside the barrell type thing to see if it was a washer or whatever, but havent the first idea how the hell to take it apart :oops:
Can anybody give me any clues ?
The pic on this link is the closest i can find to what mine's like. Guess mines that old that you cant get it anymore :-s

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff59/sxymoo/TAPS.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
link doesnt seem to work, but I'm a gasman not a plumber so may not be able to help anyway.

Thanks for the reply, dont know why the link isnt working for you, it does when i click on it! hmmm curious

just tried again and it worked,as you say - curious.

could have muck/limescale in diverter part of tap, when you move the bit to change from bath to shower is there flats underneath to put a spanner on and unscrew plunger?

Sponsored Links
When i move the "barrell" theres another kinda metal sleeve that i can move up, but i cant see anything that i could get a spanner on. I wonder if i could get at it with some sort of molegrips! Gawd nightmare!!
Thanks Mick :)

might be better off getting a new mixer? they are so ancient now anyway but i knw ou can still buy them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back