Whats a good battery screwdriver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm looking to buy an electric screwdriver. I don't want to spend more than about £80. Whats the best voltage to buy? I want somethig that is powerful enough to drive large screws in. I'm happy to use a drill shaped driver.

Any recomendations? Any I should steer clear of?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
£80 probably isn't enough.

How large a screw is "large"? How wide? How long? Into timber? Or what? And how many do you intend to do in, say, an hour?

Steer clear of anything cheap or unheard of. The best ones are the big names: De Walt, Bosch (Pro, not DIY), Makita, etc..

Bosch GSR 10.8v or the impact GDR however may be slightly out of your budget.

If you want more torque you will need to spend more money, you may be able to pick up a 12v or 14.4V Makita MXT drill from ebay which packs a good 60nm of torque.

How about a dedicated Impact driver instead? Screwfix do a good one by Sparky 12v with 160nm of torque! price £100.

Hi there,

I'm looking to buy an electric screwdriver. I don't want to spend more than about £80. Whats the best voltage to buy? I want somethig that is powerful enough to drive large screws in. I'm happy to use a drill shaped driver.

Any recomendations? Any I should steer clear of?

Thanks in advance

the ryobi has to be perfect for your needs a drill driver and impact driver for larger screws and bolts
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/79355/Power-Tools/Kits/Ryobi-18V-Combi-Drill-Free-Impact-Driver

2 batts and charger £60 impact driver another £70 and hammer drill around £60 a bargain at £100

Sponsored Links
Whats a good battery screwdriver?

Four glasses Gin & Tonic with a Dash of Lemon- hard on the gin :D
Hic.

Pick from only those with NiCad cells. Don't bother with NiMH and DEFINITELY NOT Li-Ion batteries.

Bosch GSR 10.8v

is down to like £69 for the kit 2 bats and charger and driver

look on ebay or impact tools

will drive 2.5" 12s easy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back