Hot water is slow out of all taps excpet the bath.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently moved into our 1950's house.
The boiler sits in the garage and the hot water tank in an airing cupboard in the master bedroom.

Now the cold water shoots out all of the taps.
However the hot comes out very fast on the bath, but slow on the sink, slow on the mixer shower and slow on the kitchen tap.

What would/could be causing this?

Sponsored Links
is the hot cylinder fed from a cold tank in the loft?

how much higher than the taps is it?

look at the underneaths of the taps. are they fed by pipes as thick as your finger, or as thick as a pencil?

how old are the taps?

Yeah the hot cylinder is fed from a cold tank in the loft.
the cylinder sits on the floor in the airing cupboard.

In regards to the pipes connecting to the taps I am not sure at present
but I know all the taps in the house are about 5 years old as the house was done up with new kitchen/bathrooms being fitted at this point.

Sponsored Links
how high is the cold tank in relation to the taps?

it is possible you have stylish Italian taps designed for high pressure,

The coldwater tank is a good 6feet above the taps.

The thing I think is weird and I just cant get my head rouns is Why the only decent tap with hot water out of is the Bath mixer tap?

Kitchen is just as slow as the sink yet the kitchen is on the ground floor.

The shower which is a seperate shower is a mixer and the only way to get it hot enough is to turn the cold water on fairly full in the bathroom sink...

sounds like the shower has an unbalanced supply, with high-pressure (mains) cold and low-pressure (tank) hot

if you can get a cold supply to the shower from the tank, that will fix it. You could also fit a pressure-reducing valve on the cold supply, I have one though it has been a bit troublesome.

I am going to guess that you have Italian basin and sink taps, but a larger bath tap. Show us some photos. //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129539

I am just a householder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back