Vokera Excell 80SP Low Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pressure is low - should be 1-1.5 when cold. our is nearly zero and moves up closer to about 0.5 when in use. All radiators work (each radiator has individual thermostat) and water OK. No noticable leeks or noises.

Boiler was in a house we bought end of April - I think the pressure was Ok when we moved - can't be sure.

Advice?

Sponsored Links
Top it up to 1bar(cold).

It sounds like you system just needs topped up.

If the pressure drops down within days - you are loosing water somewhere?

right look below the boiler you should find a thing called a fill loop ,thats a pipe with a on off valve which is connected from the mains water pipe (15mm norm) to one of the heating pipes (22mm) , open the valve to increase the pressure (about 1 bar cold) if you find it continues to keep dropping for no reason you might have a leak, dont forget if you bleed a radiatior you will lower the pressure in the system

I topped the system up to 1.5 bar (as in boiler instructions) when cold on Friday (24th)

Since then it has lost a bit and now sits somewhere between 1 & 1.5 and has dropped from just over 2 to just under when hot.

We've checked all the rads etc and can't find a leak anywhere, although presumably if there is one it could be under the floor. We've someone coming to service the boiler next week. Is a leak the most likely problem and if so what is the solution if we don't know where it is? What other reasons could cause the loss of pressure?

Please can anyone help - want to at least have a basic idea of what it might be when the engineer comes (never used him before so trying to be careful)

We also have a tapping noise coming from 2 rad's - one has thermostat, one doesn't -presumably thats unrelated.

Sponsored Links
Anyone :confused:

I want to be armed when the guy comes next week :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back