grundfos pump screw - how to turn it!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just fitted my new towel rad after draining the system, now going to refill it and will bleed rads in doing so, and manual air vent next to the HWSV. but how do i bleed my pump?! It is a grundfos 15-50 and has a circular slotted screw at the front, but no screwdriver (even a big one) fits it and allows it to turn! any tips please ... ?

Sponsored Links
Don't bother bleeding the pump unless it fails to clear the trapped air...it's very rare you need to.

Get yourself a proper screwdriver...sounds as though you have something cheap with a thick blade.

I hope you thoroughly flushed through the towel rail before fitting it...they are notorious for containing vast amounts of mill scale that won't do the system anygood.

yep i flushed it through first with a hose and then connected it. now going to act somemore sentinel x100 to my system again on refilling!! I have some stanley screwdrivers, not cheap cheap ones. the screw just wouldn't seem to budge!!

You're probably just a bit limp wristed :) Fill up the system fist...unless it's poorly designed you shouldn't have a problem.

Sponsored Links
You're probably just a bit limp wristed :) Fill up the system fist...unless it's poorly designed you shouldn't have a problem.

Arm_MusclesSurface_0_102_204.jpg

lol believe me i'm not weak!! i just didn't want to force it too much as the screw was getting a bit scratched and stuff and i didn't want to break anything!! :)

just bled it (in the end) and a little water came out, but when i have tightened the screw up again a bit of water dribbles out of the grundfos black sticker/thing on the front of the pump!!! why is this, will it stop??!

don't know what happened there but it has stopped now (touch wood)!! as the poster before said though, the pump didn't really need bleeding, just the rads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back