Potterton Suprima 30......again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
sorry if this is a bit long but here goes.........
My son and his girlfriend have recently moved into a house built in 1999 with a Suprima 30 installed as it's CH Boiler.
When power is applied to the unit (from a switched fused spur) the Green & Red LED's light up for a short time and then the Red LED begins to flash and the unit refuses to light up when HW and/or CH is called for.
With the cover off, I noticed the fan gives a kick on start up but nothing else, the overtemp sensor (white wires) is not o/c, and the APS (orange wires) is o/c (cos the fan isn't running?) The temp sensor (thermistor?) shows a resistance which does vary a little if I get hold of it.
I've removed the PCB and tried resoldering the main joints on it (as has been advised many times before i've noticed!!) but replacing the board and powering up hasn't altered anything.
There is an audible click from one of the relays on the board when I press the rest button and the 2 LED's cycle on and off with the Red one left flashing
I expect this is down to a faulty PCB, but if possible i'd like confirmation that this is the most likely problem before I get a replacement board.
What's irking me is that most of the problems i've seen relating to the PCB come after it's fired up whereas this one isn't even trying.
It has only two LED indicators and a reset button and these are mounted to the right side of the unit. It's GC number is 41 607 75.
Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.

Sponsored Links
PCB problems are very common on that boiler model.

If everything else has been correctly checked then it must be the PCB.

Why does your son not want to accept the fact thet the boiler needs a repair?

The manufacturers fixed price repair is probably the most economic.

Tony

Thanks very much for your reply, Tony.

My son does accept there is a repair to be done, (that's the reason i'm looking at the problem for him :) )

He's not very technically adept though, I am more so, but without enough info to make a specific diagnosis, hence my original post.

It would appear that most of the ills on the 30 are PCB related.

I think i'll get a new PCB and fit it.

regards
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back