Advise needed with fitting kitchen mixer taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bit of a beginner with plumbing and need some advise.

Due to space issues under our sink I have fitted flexiable tap connectors with isolation switches on. Without taking much notice I have then bought mixer taps with 15mm tail pipes. My assumption is that there is a compression fitting that reduces the 20mm tap connector connection to a 15 mm connection.

Please could someone advise if this is the best way to go and is there such a fitting ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Due to space issues under our sink I have fitted flexible tap connectors with isolation switches on. Without taking much notice I have then bought mixer taps with 15mm tail pipes. My assumption is that there is a compression fitting that reduces the 20mm tap connector connection to a 15 mm connection.

Not sure what you mean here nospoj.

You have fitted flexi's to the water supply pipes?
You have fitted a Mixer Tap with 15mm Tails?
The Flexi's have 20mm fittings?

Are you sure they are 20mm and not 22mm? If they are 22mm I'd just take them off and replace with 15mm Flexi's.

We need more info to help and for you to be clearer what it is you actually have and what you're trying to achieve.

I "believe" that you have flexis connected or ready to be connected to the incoming water supply (15mm end) and the other ends TO BE connected directly to the taps (nut with washer inside - usually black washer). What size is the end connection for the taps?

I would buy two new flexis that are 15mm compression at both ends (expensive, £7 ish each at B&Q, but maybe £2.50 each at Plumber's Merchants) and fit iso valves seperately to the pipework.

Or, on the things you already have, if the end with the washer is 15mm, you can fit standard 15mm compression couplers to the end where the rubber washer is so it converts that end to 15mm (in readiness for your new tails). Just buy the compression couplers and do not use the olive and nut at one end.

The above situation may or may not be correct so ignore if not relevant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back