INDESIT W143S WASHING MACHINE - dial clicks round constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi My machine dial is clicking around constantly and when you put it to drain and spin it start to pump but then stops and starts clicking again :(

I've had the machine out and cleaned all of the pipes etc and all is ok that end. The machine will fill with water no problem at all.

Does this sound like a pump blockage to you?? Any help would be greatly appreciated :LOL: !

A friend has also said this could be down to an "elastic band" part :oops: (not sure of the technical term!) and would only take minutes to replace.

Sponsored Links
I suggest you check the motor brushes. The clicking round just means the electronics have detected a fault. There should also be a sequence of flashes from the l.e.d light.

:D My husband took the pump out and apart and cleaned all the various parts. He also removed the pipes connected to the drum and cleaned them out too ... and it works fine!!! :D (Am on my second load of washing already :LOL: ... only 3 more to go until I catch up!!

(Thank you for your post Fidom)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back