Garden Furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a bit of a major disaster and I cannot find anyone to help on it :(

I bought a garden set (M&S) and wanted to put it up this summer but found that some of the bolts had sheared (soft metal) and I wanted to get replacement bolts and caps for it but when I called M&S they are washing their hands of it because its older and not current and will not help...useless service. They will not tell me the mfg or the source so I can go. Nothing. No service at all (and a waste of an o845 number but I did try saynoto0870,com but could not find a geo number).

I have tried screwfix, acorn and you name it I have been to BnQ and my local hardware shop but nobody stocks these. :( :( :(

I am looking for:

60mm Allen Bolts (2)
60mm Allen Screws (4)
35 Allen head Bolts (7)
30mm Allen head Bolts (2)
and
Allen head Caps to go on the ends of these bolts (10)

If anyone can help me and others I really would appreciate it.

Thank you everyone and have a nice summer.

Sponsored Links
try "yell" should be someone in your area who stocks bolts.

Nobody in my area can help. Everyone seems to have steel bolts but n0ot the right kind and nothing with end caps and nobody has brass or plated (yellow) allen bolts and I cannot find one major player (screw fix or anyone). And everyone I ask seems to know the 'shrug the shoulders and cannot help' sort of dance better than they know where to find these darned things.

Nobody in the world seems to know where they come from but its strange that every bit of garden furniture in the world is made from them.

A plane to Indonesia?

Any ideas anyone? Anyone know someone getting rid of garden furniture?

Sponsored Links
you are looking for allan head bolts at the wrong place.
Try an industrial fastener outlet.
What kind of allan head bolts are you looking for?
allan cap- allan button head-allan flat head etc.

Try TFC www.tfc.eu.com or a local industrial supplier (round here we have Alton Bolt and Tool, for example.)

The ones you're after are probably yellow/zinc passivated, not brass as you suggest (can't imagine brass would have sheared off that easily).

You could also try a local blacksmith (if you have one) - I doubt he'll have what you need, but will probably know where to find them.

Good luck and you enjoy your summer too. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back