BAXI Combi Instant 80 HE needs to release pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Originally the pressure was too low due to leak sorted this problem but have put too much water back in and pressure now regularly exceeds 2.5 - 3 have tried bleeding radiators 5 buckets worth - Should i turn the isolating valves on the boiler back to the wall? is the system releasing water back into itself maintaining the pressure - what should i do? any advice would be really grateful!

Sponsored Links
release some pressure by turning the red knob (pressure relief) untill the pressure reads 1 bar. you will find this under the boiler.

do not do that!!!!! the seating on the pressure relief valve will never properly reseat. you will then constantly lose pressure and the pipe outside will drip.

Find a drain off for you system and loose some water out. either get someone to watch the gauge as you undo it and they give you a shout or loose some water out anyway and top the pressure back up. you wont need to take much water out.

if you havent got drain cocks on your system just to the right of the PRV is a small plastic drain valve.If pressure keeps rising when boiler is off it could be filling loop is letting by or a crack in the DHW heat exchanger

Sponsored Links
cheers for the advice have allready pressed the red button pressure released then jumps back up

will turn off mains cold watr feed and disconnect loop and release some water from a radiator - then i ll get some one in to undo the potential problem of me pressing that red button will let you know the results in case its helpful to some one else

turned off mains cold water emptied some water from radiator, pressure went down to 1 turned on mains again pressure went back up on boiler to an unsafe level - any ideas what i am doing wrong?

turned off mains cold water emptied some water from radiator, pressure went down to 1 turned on mains again pressure went back up on boiler to an unsafe level - any ideas what i am doing wrong?

is that with the boiler running or not?

Are you SURE that your filling loop is closed and not passing water?

boiler left on pressure goes up and stabalises just above 3; bolier off stabalisers just above 2.5 - loop in boiler closer that hot water taps all stop no change to pressure....in morning with boiler off pressure will drop to 2 then rise oncehot water is turned on again to 2.5 plus

do you mean the metal loop in the boiler with the two black handles - should they be both facing the wall? I know the one above allows water into the tank and thats definitely turned off otherwise the pressure would go up even more

The metal braided loop with the valves on is the filling loop... Just because you think that the valves are switched off.. Have you proved that no water is passing... the pipe should be unscrewed so there is no link between the water supply and boiler..... If there is a trickle of water from the valve, then it is letting by and could well be your problem.. If not, then you have eliminated one possibility

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back