New multipoint lock needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a problem with my front double glazed door in that it had dropped so was sticking when opening and closing. I have now fixed this so it opens fine. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
However becasue we have had to use excessive force on the handle when the handle is lifted up the handle now sticks and again excessive force is needed to pull it down. Im thinking something has either come lose or broke in the lock mechanism. Hopefully it can be fixed but if not i have found the correct lock i need, but its asking for the 'backset and centre' measurements. The centre is 92mm on website so i cant change but the backset gives me two measuremement.

So where do i measure the backset on existing door??

Thanks in advance

http://www.discountlocks.co.uk/AGB-...Operated-p/agb ldb 2 hook 3 roller lev op.htm

Sponsored Links
its measured from the front edge of the lock to the centre of the lock barrel or handle spindle, 35mm being the most common

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back