Internal Overflow Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fitted a concealed cistern for a back to wall pan, the water is not yet connected. If the siphon doesn't have an internal overflow is there any way of retro-fitting one without using a turndish or external connection to the flush pipe? Could I drill a hole in the siphon at the appropriate level or would this screw up the flush?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Hi John. The overflow relates to the filling of the cistern not the syphoning. This is in case the filling device leaks and the excess water needs a escape route. This normally a pipe leading outside, but there are some filling methods where the overflow leads to into the pan.
The syphon is basically an inverted 'u' tube and water has to be forced up the tube and over the top of the 'U' to get the syphoning started.
Drilling a hole in the syphon would prevent the syphoning from functioning
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice. I fitted the supply pipe yesterday, and filled the cistern (keeping a bucket handy and my fingers crossed). It turns out that it does have an internal overflow.

Cheers,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back