Baxi 105HE - Intermittant problem, no HW or heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Baxi 105HE was installed 2 years ago. Every now and then over the last couple of months it's been refusing to suppy HW or heating. It normally does this for a few hours and then starts to work fine again. Whilst it's playing up, no warning lights flash and attempting to reset it has no effect. We've had several engineers out to see it but once they arrive fault has fixed it self and the engineers cannot find any thing wrong.

When it is playing up, and when the preheat dial if not off, the HW neon (bottom row of neons) flashes.

Any suggestions as to what the problen could be would be much appreciated!

As you can probably tell from the above, im a complete novice. Any suggestions would be passed on to an engineer.

Also, can anyone recommend an engineer that has experience of Baxi's in the Leicester area would be much appreciated

Cheers
Ash

Sponsored Links
When it is playing up, and when the preheat dial if not off, the HW neon (bottom row of neons) flashes.

Does it play up if the pre heat is off?

How long does the light flash for?

It could be any number of things or a combination of things.

Certainly seems like it's stuck in preheat mode hence no heating, but hot water demand should override preheat.

Could be the thermistor, diverter or PCB. The dhw pressure differential is a common failure, should have lasted more than two years tho!

Without more info, it's impossible to know what has failed.

With intermittent faults it can be a case of trying and seeing

Try Heateam for a fixed priced guaranteed repair.

Sponsored Links
Did you ever fix this as I have the same problem now'; pump runs but no ignition. I'm having expansion vessel fitted next Tueasday.

Classic fault nothing but pump.......... PCB sorts it, done a few of these for some reason of late, both Main and Baxi versions

Thanks for your inputs Kris and lashed. I guess you are both right, but I just pushed down the shraeder valve on the expansion vessel and water came out ! My corgi mate is fitting a new expansion vessel tuesday but I think the pcb will follow.

My experience with these boilers showing up as pre heat light flashing and nothing else ,it is mainly caused by the air pressure switch starting to fail,on occassion it has been the pcb but mainly air pressure switch,if it happens to any engineers out the there take off the combustion chamber front and blow into the black air pressure tube and hey presto it comes back to life ,then if pressure switch not replaced there and then a few weeks later you get a fan fault light coming up,which after the initial fault is nearly always the air pressure switch.On this boiler the pressure switch is really a piece of carp.

You are dead right Sureheat. My Corgi mate fitted new pcb - no difference -, so he phoned Baxi and they told him there were 2 step faults missing in the manual - one being the pressure switch - and blowing into the black tube resets the switch. New pressure switch coming tomorrow and I think the pcb can be returned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back