Conifer dying?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a largish conifer in my front garden next to the front fence, it is about 20 feet at a guess (grows about a foot per year)

Last couple of weeks the leaves/needles have started to go a brownish colour, they have never done this before even in long periods of dry and hot weather.

Could this tree be just on its final legs?

A few weeks ago workmen where digging a hole outside my property laying a cable or something, if they have cut through a major root could this be the cause or would the tree survive that.

Its starting to look like it may need cutting down, but I don't want to do that :confused:

Sponsored Links
Taken a picture of the tree, is it time to take it down?

Any advice appreciated

16062008242.jpg

its not looking healthy. Chances of the damage caused to the roots are high and just to coincidental. Try giving it plenty of soakings of water before you give it the chop, but it does look that way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back