french doors blowing about in wind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. i have a set of french doors at the back of my house. they are about 1 year old.
my query is, is there something that can be fitted to the doors to stop them opening all the way and getting hinge cover damaged on brick and also would stop the doors blowing about in the wind and slamming shut
thanks in advance
steve

Sponsored Links
images
?

I have 4 sets of French doors & have fitted 5" chrome cabin hooks to all of them (B&Q); prevents them swinging about in the wind.

To prevent scratching/damaging the hinge cover on the brickwork, I’ve stuck one of those little round, clear self adhesive rubber buffers on each hinge; again, B&Q sell them in packets of around 100 in their kitchen section to stick on the inside edge of cupboard doors; again they work well.

Sponsored Links
You need to fit a restrictor device to the top of each door. This is normally brass, and you set it to limit the opening angle of the door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back