change bathroom pull switch to standard switch.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am changing the bathroom pull switch to a standard switch on the wall outside the bathroom. There is only one red, blue and green cable that was removed from the pull switch, the switch I am replacing it with has L1, L2 and com. The instructions with the new switch do not make sense as my cables do not correspond with the instructions. Pleas can seine advise me on how to wire this. Many thanks.

Lianne

Sponsored Links
Red - Common
Blue - L1

If a metal switch you need the green connected to it otherwise connect to to the back box.

There is only one red, blue and green cable that was removed from the pull switch,

That's a very unusual set of colours. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is that a green or a green/yellow?

Do you remember what wires were connected where in the old pull switch?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

kkynaston>> will try that.

Space cat>> Sorry that is a green / yellow - earth cable. Although these were connected in the original pull switch my other half disconnected that and forgot to look!! :cry:

Lianne

Sponsored Links
Sorry that is a green / yellow - earth cable.

In that case, kkynaston's advice is good. :) :) :)

If you can be bothered, have a look in the cable sheath for a yellow wire that's been cut back. (Red, yellow and blue are the old colours for flat, 3-core and earth cable.) If you find one make sure it's not in danger of touching anything metal.

kkynaston>> that worked an absolute treat!! You are a star

Thanks to you both for your help / comments.

Lianne :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back