Can you use household filler to fill in windows instead.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My handyman today filled my window in with household filler rather than using putty then painted over the rotten weatherproof rather than using wet rot treatment.... and using wood filler im soooooo cross im 8 months pregnant why do these people take advantage of you and he is expecting to be paid a days wage can i refuse to pay for a bad job honestly i have done better myself i just cant use ladders at the mo its soo frustrating im not stupid am i????? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i believe it was interior household polyfilla??? what could happen???
The wood will carry on rotting & the filler will get damp & fall out! He should have at least used acrylic wood filler but, to be honest, any filler will only ever be a temporary repair once the frame has started to rot. The proper way to do it is cut out the rotten timber, inlet new timber, seal the joins, prime & repaint; but these days you will probably get charged more than the cost of a new window!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back