TORBECK VALVE IN LOO CISTERN OVERFLOWING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Torbeck bottom entry filling valve in the loo cistern. Yesterday it started to overflow without shutting off the water as per normal. I have replaced the washer but it has had no effect whatsoever. When I lift the arm right up, the water still doesn't shut off....Is there anything else it could be? :( Thanks very much

Sponsored Links
take it apart, examine the parts for damage, and clean the grit out. they are very sensitive to grit particles.

It may save time if you buy a spare Torbeck, and swap the working parts over (there should be no need to replace the stem, which is just a threaded pipe with no working parts). they are only a few pounds.

Thank you..I did notice a small filter that did have some grit particles in it when I was replacing the washer...I will go and investigate further right now... :eek:

:D I LOVE YOU!! - Cleaned the filter out and it now works perfectly! What a relief!..(No pun intended!)Many thanks Jenny

Sponsored Links
I have noticed Torbeck valves although quieter and smaller than normal part 2 and 3 type, do not last as long !! I prefer the part 2 brass type but as mantioned by another poster & as you did, cleaning it or replacing parts can be done without removing the valve and installing a new one!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back