Which way round for glass in an internal bathroom window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all -

I'm about to glaze an internal window above the bathroom door and am unsure which side the textured side of the glass should be - bathroom or landing.
Would putting the smooth side of the glass in the bathroom cause condensation to run off the window all too easily and cause water to collect on the cill?
Would putting the textured side in the bathroom make the window more difficult to keep clear of condensation??
Does it matter at all???

Apologies for my ignorance in the matter :confused: - I'd appreciate anyone's input - particularly if there's a 'right and wrong way'!

Thanks in advance.

Antony

Sponsored Links
I'd say put the smooth side in the bathroom as that's likely need more cleaning. Condensation shouldn't be too bad as it's an internal window - is the hall heated ?

The landing has a central heating rad' (but has a lower ambient temp' than the bathroom); the bathroom has a towel rad' and auto extraction via a humidistat.

Antony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back