What are these called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to get a wall built in two weeks when bricklayer is back off hols and wha I forgot to mention to him is that I will be getting heavy gates after construction,what I want to do is put them fittings/hinges in the wall during construction,,I have seen them before they have a forked flat section that gets embedded into the wall during construction with pins outside for the gates to hang on...I want to them at hand as the wall is being started when he returns.........what are they called and where will I get them?...thanks , John

Sponsored Links
Gate hinges. Gudgeons. Hinge pins.

You'll need to know the design/size/weight of the gate first. Wherever you are getting the gates from will be able to advise/supply. Try blacksmith or metal fabricator in yellow pages.

Don't worry about it too much, you can always get a steel bar bolted to the wall pillars afterwards, with the pins welded on.

I've always known it as hook and eye.

you are after a build-in, fish tail, gate hook.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back