bedroom cupboard to wet room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im my bedroom i have a cupboard. which for a while i thought about having it converted to a Shower Room/Wetroom.

It is 240cm High, by 180cm by 90cm. From advise i had earlier its too small to have a cubicle , hence the idea of wetroom.

I want to try and gauge what materials would be required to get a rough price estimate for doing that. Before i get a friend to see if the plumbling side is possible.
Open to any kinds of idea, i havent much idea of whats involved or what to think about

Seems like a big job to me. thousands of pounds

Sponsored Links
You can get shower trays up to 1600 x 800, this sort of thing

bathrooms_image_ultra_4paneljumbo_large.jpg

About £700 for the glass and £300 for the tray. Rules for electrcity being isolated away from the shower are the same as the bathroom zones.

Consider your water service and drainage from the location your considering, that tends to be the big challenge.

Just found this, 1800 x 900mm baby :LOL:

tecnostar-shower-wall.jpg.jpg

Moods Cesana Tecnostar 1800mm Walk-in Wetroom a cool £2300

I have just finished my own wet room project in a similar room in a house I have just sold (!). I managed to complete it for well under £1000 including the tiles. I used a pre-formed shower tray which I tiled and some waterproofing compounds. It was a few days work but made the house sale much easier!

Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back