My inner leaf is loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Started building up with the blocks last week but due to weather conditions in GRIMsby i only got 1 coarse either side of the cavity done.

On the outre leaf I put some cement on the engineering bricks to hold the DPC in place then put more on top and put the wall ties in place at 400mm centres.

The inner leaf was just the same with one exception i rolled the DMP over the DPC then cemented the blocks onto that, i used the same barrow of cement for both leafs but unfortunatly the inner leaf is loose while the outer leaf is rigid, what have i done wrong ???

Should i not have rolled the DPM over the DPC and just cut it down so it hides behind the skirting as i will have to relay that coarse on the inner leaf ???

Cheers in advance
Stan.

Sponsored Links
the connection at dpc, particularly the inner leaf where there are layers of low cohesive materials, is relatively weak.

it will only stiffen or stabilise once weight is added i.e more courses of block.

a single course of block, directly upon the dpc or dpm, could easily be pulled away.

Don't worry about it. When you come to fit the kitchen units, if they don't fit, then you can just knock the wall back a bit :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back