Spray paints?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give some advice on using spray paints like plastikote enamel paints on small areas, instead of brushing on normal white gloss paint?

What's the finish like compared to normal oil based liquid gloss - Smooth, shiney, long lasting, does it stay white, water/liquid resistant, durable etc?

Appreciate its much more expensive per m2 than normal white gloss - any other disadvantages? I'm looking at using it to quickly refresh some intricate wood work (interior).

thanks...

Sponsored Links
Honestly, don't bother.

Apart from cost, by the time you've (intricately) masked off & cleaned up you're better off with standard paint.

Well as impulsive as I am, I bought some paint and did the job before you replied. Result - disappointing to say the least. Poor coverage and (my fault) I bought one with a matt finish. Now needs a rub down and coat of decent liquid gloss.

Sponsored Links
I tried spray paint on my radiator and it was rubbish. Ended up having to sand the whole lot down and start again. Waste of time. Rubbish finish, rubbish cover and rubbish colour - definitely not the bright white it was supposed to be!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back