kitchen door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i recently bought a moulded door for my kitchen and was about to install it untill a neighbour told me that by law they have to be a fire door. I would just like to know if that is true. I was thinking forgeting to put a door in the kitchen and leave it open and maybe hang some beads kind of like an open plan kitchen but wasn't too sure. Do i need a fire door or can i just use the moulded door that i have and also if i was planning to not have any door in the kitchen is that allowed.

Sponsored Links
Your neighbour hasn’t a clue what he's talking about or is just trying to wind you up; you can fit whatever type of door you like or not, it’s up to you.

Any glass in the door or within a defined area around the door must be safety glass.

I think the fire regulations are for multiple occupation houses - bedsits, hotels etc.

If it was a fire door when it was built it probably ought to be replaced with one. To be fair though you've not told us anything about the property/layout.

Richard C if your saying the building control police won't break the door down at 3am and do a raid then thats one thing, its another to say it doesn't matter.

Sponsored Links
sorry guys i shouldve been more clear didn't mean to cause any arguements just wanted advice. the property is a 6 bedroom house and when i moved into the property there were no doors in the house. I had to refurbish the full house as it was a total mess so thats why i can't tell which door were fire doors and which weren't. I also am planning to rent the property. thank you all for replying i really apreciate the help. :D

Well that does make some difference; I admit my reply was somewhat simplistic & I should have asked the obvious questions before replying. I stand corrected but that doesn’t give anyone the right to call me incompetent!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back