Worcester 28cdi _No hot water -HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After returning from a fortnights holiday I went for a shower. The shower which is a direct feed was cold. I checked the pressure, which was 1.5 bar. THE ONLY WAY I COULD MAKE THE WATER WARM IN THE SHOWER WAS TO PUT ON THE COLD TAP IN THE BATH ! What has caused the decline in temperature? Has something seized in the 2 weeks I was away? Could there be a blockage? Is a valve faulty? The combi has been great since it was installed 4 years ago. Is there anything I could look for to sort this out? Cheers Rob

Sponsored Links
The pressure on the dial on the boiler at 1.5 is OK - it's NOTHING to do with the pressure of the water out of the shower (but I assume you knew that).

Try this: turn on the shower at fully-hot then check the boiler. Is it firing? If it's firing continuously or cycling on and off, then chances are you have a shower valve problem. If it's just sitting there, not firing, crack open a cold tap. If it then fires up, there's probably a problem with the diaphragm valve on the end of the diverter in the boiler.

Croydoncorgi, Thanks for the advice. I'll try it later when I finish work!! Cheers Rob

Sponsored Links
I have a BG Worcester CDi Series boiler, which packed up on Sunday when I bled the radiators and then tried the Central Heating - no pressure whatsoever, boiler tried to fire then suddenly both CH & HW lights started flashing, later that evening the boiler made an awful screechy groaning sound, so have switched it off completely. Have established i need a key to repressurise the system, Worcester boilers are sending me a manual (!!) - people who lived here before obviously had a penchant for keeping manuals and boiler keys... Worcester cannot supply key but great place in Wandsworth - HRPC, T. 020 8875 1715 will mail you a key. Now all I need is to know what to do when the key comes - any suggestions? Stick the key in the bottom of the boiler turn and wait until the pressure rises to 1.0? Would appreciate any suggestions. Am also going to get the thing serviced which is due but no hot water is pretty annoying!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back