banging noise when spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a beko w m and when it does the final spin it make a loud clunking noise i have cleared pump filter the washing has grey marks on it please help!!!!!

Sponsored Links
can you lift the stainless steel drum up and down say an inch?

switch m/c off open door grab drum and see does it move, (up and down)then let me know

Sponsored Links
hi breezer it rocks back & forwards not up & downthanx for helping me and what time is it in fiji it is 23:02 in plymouth england

razziemay said:
what time is it in fiji it is 23:02 in plymouth england

I wouldn't know, i am not there.

seriously, spin the drum by hand (empty m/c)

does it make a rumble / growling noise? if it does bearings have gone.

grey marks, are they spots? it sounds like grease and "stuff" that is coming from the bearings

it could also be (if drum NOT noisey when spining) something is trapped between inner and outer drum

if m/c over 5 years, think about a new one

drum does not make a noise when turned by hand i will get the right tools tomorrow and look between the drums thanx for all your help tune in tomorrow evening to see what happened and what time is it in Guadeloupe

if it is not too noisey when spun by hand there IS something trapped between drums

razziemay said:
i have a beko w m and when it does the final spin it make a loud clunking noise i have cleared pump filter the washing has grey marks on it please help!!!!!

The drum is supported by a gas strut. it acts as a shock absorber,
if worn, when spin kicks in the drum or the motor can impact the side of the machine. The drum has concrete weights on its outside, the grey material
may well be the residue of the weights that have been damaged by impact. bearings and strut are suspect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back