vaillant ecotec with unistor f22 fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've just had to drain my heating system off due to being a over keen removing a radiator for some tiling ,it started leaking at the bottom of the 10mm pipe and i wont be able to fix it til monday, problem is my boiler is showing the f22 code which is because ive no water in the heating but also the water in my unistor does not seem to be heating up ,should it still heat the hot water for the taps or does it just shut down completely until the heating is presure sorted .

Sponsored Links
turn on immersion [if wired].no boiler =no heat into cylinder. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
if i just get a stopend pushfit for now and top the heating back up should that sort it until i can do it properly

Easier to wire the immersion to a plug!

Tony

It's a sensible suggestion for a temporary fix.

Unless the circuit is supplying a significant load elsewhere, a 3Kw immersion heater will not cause concern.

Electrical Wiring good practice dictates that a separately wired circuit should be installed for water heating. But this does not stop a temporary fused cable being used in this instance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back