Blanket Weed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, can anyone help with the problem of blanket weed. Its a small raised pond, with lilies and parrrot feather plants. When it was first filled there were no such plants and as its exposed to the sun for long periods of time, it didn't take long for it to grow so I added the aformentioned plants. After cleaning what I could by hand, it is back again, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
use a stick

i kid you not, put a stick in the pool and swirl it round to get the blanket weed out, once some sticks more will follow.

blanket weed is an algae, short of removing all nuitriants there is not alot you can realistly do, blanket weed is the pond owners PITA

use a stick

i kid you not, put a stick in the pool and swirl it round to get the blanket weed out, once some sticks more will follow.

blanket weed is an algae, short of removing all nuitriants there is not alot you can realistly do, blanket weed is the pond owners PITA

Hi thanks, thats a great help I can see that being a lot quicker than doing by hand. I did have a feeling that once there impossible to remove permanently. Thanks for your time.

There are a few different types of products you can buy,

Barley straw works for some people depending on size and quality of water.

You can buy a product called Blanket Answer by Cloverleaf which is used by a lot of pond owners, meant to be one of the best products on the market.

There use to be a product called Clarasan which is now banned, but there is a substitute product which works quite well, it is like a sand which you just drop into the pond

I have a large Koi pool and I use an electronic blanket weed remover which keeps my pool free from the dreaded green stuff.

The problem is, some things work for others and some don't work. It is just a matter of trial and error to see which product suits you, try to borrow something from other pond users if you know any and try your luck

Sponsored Links
The problem is, some things work for others and some don't work. It is just a matter of trial and error to see which product suits you, try to borrow something from other pond users if you know any and try your luck

stick works for every one :LOL:

nope disagree, seen people with no arms make a cup of tea.

mind you they did spill the lot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back