Linear drainage for new patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon.

I've just put in raised beds using railway sleepers, which are built up against the retaining wall of the existing patio area.

I am going to lay a new sub-base and flags and will need some sort of drainage as I don't want the rainwater just running into the sleepers.

My question is: if I put in linear drainage between the new patio and the sleepers can I just have the water running into a water butt or must this water run into the existing drainpipes (which I haven't located yet!)?

I hope that makes sense to someone!

Thanks
Stuarto :D

Sponsored Links
Yes, rainwater into a water butt is a splendid idea! :LOL:

By linear, you mean drainage channel with a grate on top. ?

Thanks for the reply. Yes that's what I'm thinking of.

Just got to find a place to buy the stuff now. I don't suppose the DIY 'sheds' as they are called on here sell this?

Stuarto :D

funny you should say that B & Q do sell the drain things you want, but if you want more than 1 get a 2nd mortgage or go some where else

Sponsored Links
Don't forget to make provision for when the butt is full (ouch) and your lovely rainwater needs to go somewhere...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back