Some Help needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am upgrading my cooker from a stand alone electric , to a built in Electric oven , Gas Hob and Extractor.

The new oven requires a 13A supply and the Hob 3A, so far i have removed the old cooker connection point, then from the Cooker control unit i have ran cable down(same spec as original cable) to a 13Amp fused Spur (not with switch), this is where i will connect the oven. First of all could you tell me if this is a correct way of doing this, and secondly will i be able to connect the gas Hob into the same connection either directly or by connecting to the oven connection at the back (I hope i have made that clear).

thanks for any help and advice :D

Sponsored Links
doing nicely for the new oven. Unfortunately the hob should be connected to a 3A supply rather than a 13A one. So i guess the answer to your question is no. It should have its own appropriately rated supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back