Bad brickwork? pictures.

Just to put my twopennorth in,
If I was paying for a job, and wanted to put a level on the work, I would, and if the bricky didn't like it, I would have him off site so fast he wouldn't get chance to be lairy.
I built a detached garage for a client once, (well many times obviously, but different ones) who wanted a gate opening built in 'as you go' with one jamb against the house gable end, which, when I put the frame up was 2" out of plumb in 7 ' (foot) So I packed it out plumb and built the quoin of the garage to the plumb side.
When we were finished, and went for payment, the owner came out with his level and pointed out tat he wanted to knock a bit off because the 'garage pier was 1/4" out of plumb in 8', and it was 'visible' to him and looked bad'
I pointed to the gable wall he had been walking past without noticing for 5 years, and told him to get his 'king hand in his 'king pocket without any delay.

Sponsored Links
Yes my friend,
The chosen one recieved his purse.
The client recieved a curse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back