Multi Fuel Burner (Fitting a flexi flue liner)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to upgrade my existing flexi flue liner (single skin gas) to a double skinned liner for my multi-fuel stove. I have a connector to go from the flexi liner (6") into the rigid pipe (5") and the manual tells me to put fire cement around the joints. There is no fixing other than sliding the 2 pieces together and the cement. I was wondering whether to screw some self tappers in to make it more secure (sealed with cement)? Has anyone done this, any advice?

Sponsored Links
I fitted one using the cement only, without any problems as it goes as hard as rock once heated. Just make sure you get plenty into the socket & I would not have thought you needed screws

Thanks for that. Did you get a Hetas registered person to check your installation? There seems to be a lot of regulation around installing a solid fuel stove these days!
www.hetas.co.uk

It was 20 years ago & the honest answer is no(but I am not sure there was a requirement to do it then ). By the way is your fixed pipe the enamelled type, only drilling to fit screws could make a real mess of it, if it is

Sponsored Links
No it's a metal pipe. I will just use cement as you suggest. I have spoken to a HETAS installer and he has informed me that if you do the work yourself, the you get the local council to carry out an inspection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back