Postcrete - Pour water in 1st or Postcrete 1st then water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The instructions on the packet of Postcrete (by Blue Circle/Lafarge) advice to fill a hole a third to half full with water, insert the post then cover the water with Postcrete.

Can you get just as good results with the above product if filling the hole with Postcrete and then adding the water?

Cheers,

T

Sponsored Links
I am just curious why you think the instructions are not right

when we use it, we put it in dry and compact it well and then put the water in. never seems to make a difference

Sponsored Links
I am just curious why you think the instructions are not right

Never said the instructions are not right mate! In fact, erected a concrete spur post using the instructions and it's rock solid.

The reason I asked the question is I now need to erect a 2 or 3 more posts. I would imagine it would be easier to line the posts and adjust them first in a dry mix rather than attempting to line them up as the Postcrete goes off as it goes off damn quickly. That's all.

BTW thanks for the reply Thermo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back