Kitchen sink leaking where it joins the plastic pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
My son pulled on the plastic pipe underneath the sink last week and now water leaks out of the part between the pipe and the sink (underneath where the plug hole is). In fact it is very loose and if I pull the pipe downwards, the whole thing moves away. You can see it in the picture. How do I seal it ?

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if he has cracked the waste fitting in which case it needs to be replaced!

If you pointed out exactly which part seems at fault then I might come to a different conclusion.

Tony

If the waste is clamped to the sink by a screw in the middle of the 'plughole' screwed into a bush in the waste fitting underneath the sink, pulling on the trap may have distorted the relatively thin metal of the 'plughole' inside the sink, or pulled the metal bush out of the plastic waste fitting underneath, so the screw won't pull everything up together.

If the metal is distorted, you may be able to remove it, turn it over and knock it back into shape, but it looks like time for a new waste fitting.....

Orrrrrrrrrrr, And you cleaned it before you took the picture,
I wish all the jobs I went to were so clean !!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I dont think anything has been snapped - at least not obviously anyway. I does look like a screw goes down the centre of the plug hole. I will look closer at it now. PS: It only looks clean because of the flash.

Thanks

Yes - I have just looked at it and it seems like a screw should go down the middle which I guess will pull the underneath part up to it. I dont know why the screw has disappeared. Here is another picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back