cora engine management light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have a p reg corsa 1200cc engine that wont start. on turning the ignition on the engine management light starts to flash. the engine will turn over but not start. i have been told this is the imobalizer but there in no imobalizer on this, its pre imobalizer and there is no wiring for the sensor on the ignition. i can spray starter fluid in the carb and the engine will run momentarily so i no its not the ignition side of things. i have checked the fuel pump thats fine

any ideas ?

thanks alan

Sponsored Links
if its '97 it will probably have obd2 diagnostic, get the fault code read, easiest way to find the fault(s)

if it starts when you put starter fluid in it then its getting spark but maybe not fuel. i doubt it has a carb BTW. immobilisers usually remove spark or fuel depending on the car. how did you check the fuel pump?

hi thanks for your reply
its not obd2 complient i did buy a elm327 reader but it didnt comply
i checked the fuel pump by putting 12v on it and checking fuel at the carb

btw when i say the fuel pump works to make it clear i mean it works as above ..in the fault condition of the car its not running.
initially when turning on the ignition 12v is fed to the pump but this turns off as soon as engine light starts to flash

Sponsored Links
btw when i say the fuel pump works to make it clear i mean it works as above ..in the fault condition of the car its not running.
initially when turning on the ignition 12v is fed to the pump but this turns off as soon as engine light starts to flash

probably the ECU is cutting power to it for what ever reason, that seems obvious enough.

isnt it annoying when its not fuel or spark thats the fault. :LOL:

i dont know vauxhalls very well, never had one, but i would have to guess the ECU doesnt like something its being told or the ECU is faulty. assuming there is no immobiliser then i would start looking at everything that has a pin out from the ECU, crank position sensor etc etc etc

is it carb or single point injection?
If spi, it's probably the injector had it and not letting fuel in

to be honest i am confused about the imobillizer...i have been round dismantlers and have seen corsas with a sensor fitted round the ignition switch which i understand comunicates with a chip in the key ..however my p reg corsa does not have this sensor nor does it have the wiring for it so i really dont think it has an imobilizer. i have a full wiring diagram and it does show a wiring path for "non imobilizer"

Sponsored Links
Back