Fire doors in flats....?

Sponsored Links
....So the fact that i ripped all the closing mechanisms out of my doors last night is not a good thing then?! Bugger.

Thank you for your reply.

Its Ok, as long as you just remember to close the doors.

But however inconvenient, if you have ever seen how even a hardboard door can reduce fire spread, then you'll realise how important it is to close doors - especially at night when you're in bed

Sponsored Links
....So the fact that i ripped all the closing mechanisms out of my doors last night is not a good thing then?! b*****r.

You're not alone, its one of reasons you don't generally need closers on fire doors in domestic properties for new builds anymore. Hope you've got a smoke alarm though.

I do have a fire alarm yes.

Ok, that's good to know. At least i don't have to put them all back in again...closing the doors i can cope with it's having them slam behind you contantly that i can't stand. It drives me mad!

Thank you all :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back