internal domestic ?
internal industrial ?
internal commercial catering ?
external ?
underground ?
mains ?
services ?

Sponsored Links
As spacegas says it all depends what situation you are on about to decide what material would be used to adhere to regs.
In domestic situation it would be copper although trac pipe is gettin popular in new builds

I was just curious what others thought.

I personally use steel for gas piping (Natural) for commercial, industrial, residential and institutional as I just find it easier to use one type material for the application.

Cast iron waste /vent , copper water supply etc

Thanks to all who answered

Dont they have any forums in your USA where you can ask all these hypothetical questions?

I am sorry that you apparently have so much spare time or have you mostly retired by now?

Tony

the use of barrel in a domestic situation is just not commercially viable.

what does "instructional" mean ?

Agile";p="972598 said:
Dont they have any forums in your USA where you can ask all these hypothetical questions?

I am sorry that you apparently have so much spare time or have you mostly retired by now?

Don't be sorry Tony, I did totally retire when I was 40 years old and after relaxing and traveling a lot I decided to get back into business and bought out a plumbing /heating company.

Now I am can really enjoy plumbing /heating /welding/ boiler inspections/ gas fitting and drainage because I want to not that I have to.

Once you get in that stage of financial freedom then you can think of plumbing as a hobby you get very well compensated for.

Imagine being paid to watch a soccer game that's how I feel when I go out on a call.

Able to take off Fridays start work at 9 Am stop by 2 PM and still have time to target shoot, travel buy new cars every 2 or 3 years and realizing the good life and the fruits of ones investments and knowing yourself made is a great feeling not having money worries or worry if work is to slow and having the freedom to say no I do not want to work this week give me a call next week.

Tony, I am truly blessed having started in the profession at 17 years old and after 44 years I still am learning everyday and having fun.

Try typing "Tieger plumbing " Or Sylvan Tieger on any search engine.

I just hired a new employee from Ireland (yes he has working papers) @ $45 per hr to start to do modernization of heating system that is down for the summer months. Mostly boiler replacement and hydronic heating.

The only hard part of these professions is finding really qualified people who can do gas fitting / heating /welding/ drainage / plumbing / fire suppression systems.

The only thing I may regret is not having someone who takes the same pride in work that I do so I can hand over the business when and If I ever decide to retire or when its stop being fun.

What asylums.

i've been told you've got the biggest in the world over there.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

How true unlike England who sent all the nut cases to Australia we built asylums instead of using the death penility more often.

Terrible shame America does not have a penal colony population like OZ to send misfits to....

spacethegas";p="972619 said:
the use of barrel in a domestic situation is just not commercially viable.

Can you please translate " use of barrel in a domestic"

What is barrel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back