Veritas Alarm beeps 10 times on set.

Well I was going to suggest the panels moved, but as its been there son long and it was mentioned before.

Still cannot see how people thought it was a great place to fit an alarm panel anyway. Then again, when you look at where some have been fitted perhaps its not so silly :D

Sponsored Links
Still cannot see how people thought it was a great place to fit an alarm panel anyway. Then again, when you look at where some have been fitted perhaps its not so silly :D
I know why it was fitted there, central within the house.

Could have gone elsewhere, but difficult cable runs, but not impossible, lazy ***.

Spur off the boilder feed too?
I thought that was going to be so obvious, I didn't bother to mention it.

But, you're right, with the addition of a small strip light above the panel, all from the boiler feed.

Sponsored Links
This stimulated some discussion . .

Picked up a battery from CEF on the way home last night, the "cheap" one lasted 3 years so thought that another the same would do. Now have a Yuasa for £18, fitted in 2 minutes and alarm working properly again.

The location is (now) the only built in cupboard upstairs, keypad is in the cupboard in the hall, just below. Both central. Not really anywhere else to put it unless we want it visible.

Yes - connected to the heating FCU BUT. . . . the electrician who did it connected the live to the feed to the FCU and the neutral to the load so when you switched off the FCU all the neutrals in the heating system were live! He also used alarm cable sheathing on the earth core.

Installation was generally a crap job (Before we bought the house) with wires run on the floorboards under carpet with strips cut out of the underlay . . . . . what some people will accept.

...(Yucel are not as good as Yuasa/Genesis in my opinion, and being fitted in an airing cupboard would have impacted it's expected life span even more so)...

Correction is a few years' out of date, but Yucel ARE Yuasa batteries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back