Repair stone windowsills and headers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new house and the previous owners have painted with gloss over what were lovely stone windowsills and headers.

I would like to restore them to their former glory, but am quite unsure how to go about this. I don't really have the time to strip all the paint (it would take ages as there are multiple colour of paint), and can't afford to get someone in to do it for me.

Does anyone know of any product I could use on top of the exisiting paint to give them a stone effect? A quick google search brought up a product called Windowsill Stone Coating by StoneLux. Has anyone heard of this product? Or even better has anyone used it? Is it any good or would their be a better way to solve my problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
How long does paint stripper take, 30 minutes?

Anything put on the top of this paint will not last as the paint will peel

Will paint stripper damage the stone underneath?

I'm going to order some of the Windowsill Stone Coating and see how it goes. It says it will go over old paint work and that precast stone companies use it for their repairs.

I'll report back with how it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back