ongoing long term leak onto concrete floor, what is possible

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a long term leak, 10+ months, in my bathroom, have plumber coming today to stop leak but was looking to seek some info on the possible damage to the concrete floor beneath.

Its an uncovered floor (under bath), and as leak is ongoing for so long its made a HUGE wet patch, getting to walls and rising upwards, the wall behind the toilet is crumbing away and blown.

How long is the floor likely to need drying out for? I've heard about how deep is goes will determine it but how do I know how deep it goes?

Also what will need doing about the walls?

The other problem is the leak has caused the supporting wood that holding the bath up to start rotting away, the wooden blocks the baths on have bowed upwards.

I live in council flat so they will be under taking all wokrs but didnt want to be fobbed off with sub standad works as the leak has already caused health problems for my kids and husband as the wood and bath panel have gone mouldy.

Anyone got any advice very welcome, thank you very much.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back