Power Flushing - Novice Level

BF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been reading some of the threads on power flushing and wondered if this is something I, as a non plumber and without plumbing experience, could do.

I am looking at the machines available such as the Kamco and would like to know if it a straight forward task to carry out.

What knowledge of plumbing would be required and what remains to be done once a power flush is completed?

Appreciate any help / advice.

Sponsored Links
it does help to understand heating systems.

what are you looking on powerflushing your own system ?

Its relatively easy to do if you know how.

But the skill is in using the best chemicals and techniques for each job and in being able to diagnose system problems before starting.

I suspect that you imagine that you can just buy a pump and go out powerflushing as a job! its unlikely anyone without considerable plumbing experience on heating systems would do very well at that.

Its a solution to a problem and most of those capable of diagnosing the fault are already equipped for powerflushing.

Tony

Thanks for the replies.

My intention was to do my own system but I did wonder whether a demand exists for just a power flushing service.

Im meticulous in whatever I do and wouldn`t want to take on something which I could end up destroying or not properly resolving.

Sponsored Links
dear expence to do your own system.

9/10 on a powerflush you get asked to do other plumbing work.
you'll look a bit silly telling them your not a plumber.
then you'll want insurance for incase you flood them

If you buy a Kamco at about £900 you get a free course on how to use it.

Or you pay Keith about £50 for their course.

You can just also read their web site which is very good.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back